Travel, Editorial, and Landscape Photography
Scott has been professional photographer for ten years. Previously, he was deeply involved with IT consulting, traveling all over the world and working under a wide variety of conditions. As a result, between the IT experience and the photography, Scott has worked on every continent including Antarctica. Besides English, Scott speaks a passable Japanese and is close to fluent in Spanish from working in Asia and Latin America.
Scott’s journalism background started with editorial writing for magazine and local news outlets. A client asked him to cover the photography for an event as part of an article and he enjoyed the photography more than writing. From that event, he shifted to photojournalism, shooting for local newspapers, wire services, and then national and international clients. Scott is now focused on large format fine art photography and extreme landscapes in particular. His latest body of work from Antarctica has collected five national and international awards so far.
Scott is very active in professional photography organizations and has been a member of the Canadian Association of Journalists (CAJ) for almost ten years. In 2008, the PPA awarded him the coveted CPP degree, held by less than ten photographers in Canada and less than 2,000 worldwide. In 2010, he was awarded general (voting) membership in the ASMP. Besides, the PPA and ASMP, he is also a member of PPOC, APA-EP, EP-Canada, and EP-UK.
His editorial work has been widely published in magazines and newspapers throughout North America and the UK. His prints have earned a place in the permanent loan collection of the PPOC and accepted into the general collection of the PPA. He has won both excellence and merit for entries in the PPOC national image salon and accepted into the PPA International print competition.
His photography does not just capture a moment in time or even a scene; It expresses the experience of being there.
- X-Rite Coloratti
- Professional Photographers of America (PPA) (CPP)
- American Society of Media Photographers (ASMP) (General Member)
- Canadian Association of Journalists (CAJ)
- Professional Photographers of Canada (PPOC)
- Editorial Photographers (Canada, United States, and United Kingdom)
- “Sleeper” wins accepted (Bronze) in PPOC National Image Competition.
- “Edge” wins accepted (Bronze) in PPOC National Image Competition.
- “Solitude” and “Endurance” accepted into the PPA General Collection for display at Imaging USA
- Asked to join the X-Rite Coloratti Group
- “Solitude” wins Excellence (Gold) in PPOC National Image Competition.
- “Endurance” wins Merit (Silver) in PPOC National Image Competition.
- “Barber” wins Accepted (Bronze) in PPOC National Image Competition.
- Accepted as an ASMP General Member
- Accepted into Editorial Photographers (United Kingdom)
- “The Cell” wins Accepted (Bronze) in PPOC National Image Competition.
- Awarded the Certified Professional Photographer (CPP) designation by the PPA
In my photography, I am not just trying to capture a moment in time, I want someone who views my photography to know what it feels like to be there.
You can find me at:
I have been sending out a newsletter to interested people for some time. I recently decided to start using a different tool and distribute it in PDF format. This is easier to write and hopefully easier to distribute.
This is my current selection of favorite images from Antarctica. I expect this collection to grow, change, and mature as I continue to mine the wealth of material created while I was there.
- Scott -
Note: To start a slideshow of this work, please click on any photograph below.
Last updated: December 22, 2012